How does Dysport work?
One injection. Five points.
Dysport treats moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows by reducing specific muscle activity. Wrinkles are caused by repeated movements and muscle contractions, which means they can even develop in younger adults. One injection into each of 5 points between and above the eyebrows temporarily prevents muscle contractions that cause frown lines, leaving the rest of your face to move naturally. In other words, no frozen look, just natural-looking results. You can control your look instead of your look controlling you.
- Dysport, Xeomin and Botox are both types of botulinum toxin injections.
- These two injections are primarily known for the treatment and prevention of wrinkles.
- The differences lie in the potency of trace proteins, which can make one more effective than the other.
- Overall, both Dysport, Xeomin and Botox are considered safe for qualifying candidates.
- Dysport, Xeomin and Botox treatments are extremely convenient. All work is done at your doctor’s office.
- You can leave immediately after treatment and even go back to work if you feel like it.
- You can resume normal activity
Dysport reduces the appearance of lines that primarily affect the glabella, the area in between your eyebrows. These lines extend upward, or vertically, toward the forehead. They are especially noticeable when a person frowns.
While naturally occurring, with age glabella lines can become more prominent during times of relaxation too. This is because our skin loses collagen, the protein fibers responsible for elasticity.
While Dysport can help treat glabella wrinkles, it’s only meant for people who have either moderate or severe cases. This procedure isn’t recommended for mild glabella lines. Your dermatologist can help you tell the difference between mild and moderate wrinkles of this type.
If you’re considered a candidate for Dysport, the entire procedure is done at your doctor’s office. No hospitalization is required, and you can leave immediately after the procedure is done.
Dysport injections take just a few minutes to complete. You should start seeing effects from the injections within a couple of days. Recommended dosage from the FDA for the treatment of glabellar lines is up to 50 units divided into five portions injected into the targeted area.
Dysport can start taking effect after a couple of days. Results last between 3-4 months. You will need to go back for more injections around this time to maintain treatment effects.